Skip to main content

Bears Mourning



Students Against the Bear Hunt:

Dr. Governor Sandoval,

I
have been reading and learning about Nevada’s first bear hunt these
last two years. I am so very sad, that you allowed this to happen to our
bears. I learned about how they were protected, because there were only
about 150-300, of them, so we took care of them. Then the next thing I
read about it how they are being killed. Have you ever spent time around
a bear? Well, I have, and I cannot imagine anyone killing them. They
are as much a part of my history here as the hawks and eagles, and if
someone wanted to start killing them, I am sure you would not allow
that. I helped my mom get petitions signed against the hunt. Every
weekend we went out, and almost everyone we talked to hated the idea,
but you still allowed it to happen. I am also learning in school about
government, and how it is suppose to represent the people, but I am not
seeing that here in Nevada about our bears. I know for a fact that there
are way more people against this, than for it, so why do you let the
minority rule you? I do not understand how you can allow the hunters to
turn their dogs loose on these bears, and terrify them. The moms
sometimes get separated from their cubs, and then the mom gets killed,
leaving the cubs on their own. My mom took me to the Lake Tahoe Wild
Life Care Center and we got to see three cubs, that were being raised
there, because their moms had been killed by hunters. I am too young to
vote now, but when I do vote, I will always make sure to vote for
someone who has the people’s interests at heart, and looks after our
wildlife. I really hope you can help the bears Governor Sandoval, I want
them to still be around when I have kids.


Yours truly,
Emma Stamper 14
Gardnerville, NV

Organizations Against the Bear Hunt:

Nevada’s Native Americans Against the Bear Hunt:

Nevada’s Hunters Against the Bear Hunt :

A Wandering Lorax Production Credits: John Muir, Robert Carbone, and Idaho Lorax

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living With Uranium - Idaho State University district.

LIVING WITH URANIUM: ALL WE CAN DO IS TO INFORM YOU. The Choice of what you are willing to live with is all your own. But please do not bring the children with you. ZONE III Uranium Contamination source areas. History: The First up-rising regarding the Uranium materials contamination began in the University Housing District and Washington Elementary school in the 1980's with the culmination of M.A.D.'s (Mothers Against Death) success of exposing the dangers and getting it outlawed for use, distribution, deposition on properties. Today, 2018, and the materials have still not been removed nor cleaned up by the EPA, Environmental Protection Agency, nor the City Government, the Pocatello Board of Trusties for Pocatello/Chubbuck Schools, nor the Health Department SIPH. A classic example is Tendoy Elementary School where the deadly materials still have not removed from Pocatello schools, nor from areas adjacent to our children's public schools. The resulting actions o

3 Women on Rdaiation - Director's Cut (Part 3/3)